Sunday 22 August 2010

Back to almost-normal




Well, after at least a year of feeling tired, run-down, losing both weight and memory, plus a spell in hospital in Limoges, my dearest OH has been diagnosed with diabetes. It will mean sugar-free diet and medication for the rest of his life, but the (French) dietician did say he should drink 2 glasses - no more - of vin rouge a day and so life doesn't feel quite so grim now...

So, we are beginning to get back on an even keel - I'm doing the diet too (I've lost 4 kilos) and OH is definitely looking better - nose and ears are now pink instead of the recent grey - sorry if I make him sound like a kitten, but honestly, it's true!

Although our summer is winding down - kids go back to school in 10 days - I've got loads of stock bought over the last few months and I just need to launder and press etc so watch this space for more French bargains...

In the meantime, I'll leave you with a photo of dawn breaking on the day following my daughter's birthday: the teenage sleep-over included staying up to watch the sunrise, and the birthday cake which her two friends made for her to cheer her up whilst Daddy was in hospital - isn't that sweet of them?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Sorry to hear about your OH, my Dad had the same symptoms and was also eventually diagnosed with diabetes after months of us worrying it was something even more serious. Love the birthday cake.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annie - yes, when you know what the problem is, it doesn't seem so bad - it's not knowing or suspecting something else which is worse! He's doing very well with the diet and exercise and getting more energy and looking better each day. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. SAD TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR DEAR OH ILLNESS...
    WISHING ALL THE BEST!

    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Debbie - Pete is really doing well and sticking to the diet without my nagging him! Getting better by the day...Carol x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger