Wednesday 30 September 2015

Skinning tomatoes - part 3


Of course, if you want to bottle/can tomatoes, then the grating method will be as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Have a look at this video from a fabulous blog,' Northwest Edible Life'.

I just cannot believe how quickly she skins tomatoes whole - the most efficient thing I've every seen! Makes this chore look so easy - I absolutely hate skinning toms.


She also has a book out, from yesterday.  I haven't read it of course, but it looks good.  I don't get any payment by the way, just love a good book about home preserving and home keeping - go through the link to Ohiofarmgirl below though, as she gets a penny or two from Amazon for referrals.

Anyway, the book title is


The Hands-On Home: A Seasonal Guide to Cooking, Preserving & Natural Homekeeping


and I saw all about it here:


Take a peek at both of these very interesting blogs.

PS:  I think that's quite enough about tomatoes from me for one year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger