Thursday 25 February 2016

Antique bonnets

I just love antique bonnets, and sell quite a few - after I've kept them and loved them for a while!  Here are a few that I have right now for sale, all French and all in my Etsy shop.




Cosy flannelette and quilted bonnet, with crochet lace round the face, and long cotton ties to make a big bow under the chin




In creamy net, with apricot silk flowers and a frilly flounce on the face, this is such a pretty little bonnet




White net, with hand embroidered motif on the crown, and a beautiful handmade lace flounce on the face - just gorgeous!




This little muslin bonnet has tiny pleats on the crown, finishing with a frothy frill on the face.  I just love it!

sorry, all the bonnets are now sold

You can see all these bonnets, further details, prices etc here: www.etsy.com/shop/Vintagemaison

Have a good Thursday!


5 comments:

  1. I want to wear a bonnet, especially one with a good size ribbon to disguise my chin and lots of ruffles and lace to perk me up! They are beautiful, so fresh and delicate. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry Jane, thought I'd replied! Yes, I could do with one with a big bow under my chin - anything to hide my excesses!

      Delete
  2. Aren't these lovely! I wore bonnets when in various plays, and always liked the idea of wearing one in "real life"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to see the photos of ladies in bonnets - the little old ladies were still wearing bonnets in my part of France until 1950s - I have a couple of photos showing just that!

      Delete
  3. They're so pretty and I love all the little details to make them even more so.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger