Monday 7 May 2012

New French President


So, we have a new President. for what it's worth, I would like to wish President Hollande good luck - he's going to need it!

My son, who is 19 and wants to teach, explained it all to me:

Sarkozy = increased pay for teachers, but we have to get rid of a few first to pay for it

Hollande = keep teachers' salaries the same, keep the numbers of teachers the same.

My son thinks that we should live in a world where teachers don't get rich - even the top teachers - but everyone has a job.

Hollande says he is all for the youth of today - and tomorrow - I hope my son will feel the same in five years time. In the meantime, Hollande might bring down the retirement age which ought to help me, except I get my pension from UK and I still have another 10 years to go instead of 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger