Wednesday, 12 May 2010
French monogramme stamps for linen
Sorry but both stamps now sold.
Don't you just love French monogrammed linen? The wooden letter stamps are highly prized here in France and are collected vigorously - each letter is sought after...
The monogrammes were sometimes sewn freestyle, but more than often, the French used a stamp as a guide, inked, and then gently applied to their sheets, tablecloths, napkins, towels etc, to be sewn usually in white or red thread.
There was a huge range of stamps to choose from...Gothic , embellished with flowers, Art Deco, and a range of sizes in proportion to the item being embroidered.
I have some stamps for sale - here are two large examples - you can see them here and here in my Ebay shop - both auctions are starting at £4.99 - great value considering the cost of modern stamps!
Posted by Vintage Maison at 10:54
- ► 2014 (20)
- ► 2013 (22)
- ► 2012 (49)
- ► 2011 (55)
- Limoges Bonboniere ~ Roses, roses roses...
- Two French Baskets, oh so different!
- Some vintage beauties from the thirties
- Stock time - no, not that sort! Our animal stock ...
- French monogramme stamps for linen
- A whole sheet of Limoges vignettes
- New Stock - Magical, mythical winged lioness...
- Why do cats like baskets?
- New French fabrics - my last remnants...
- Beautiful antique French corset with broderie angl...
- ▼ May (10)