Friday 30 July 2010

Lost in France







As most of my regular customers know, I mainly stock only French items, but sometimes on my travels I do spot the odd 'foreigner'. These two photos from WWII are - I believe - the original Press photos used in the propaganda war effort . They have typewritten labels in purple ink and just feel 'right' in the hand.

What the photos were doing in a pile of French photos (in a very expensive Brocante) I don't know, but I had to rescue them. I am selling them on Ebay - as a pair if possible as I don't want to split them up. If you would like to take a peek, the listing is here.

In the meantime, if you know anyone interested in WWII and in particular HMS 'INDOMITABLE' in the Far East in 1944, perhaps you might like to forward this on - I'd love them to go to a museum or association.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger