Monday 27 September 2010

Brocante at the car rally

Isn't it typical? Having enjoyed fabulous weather all summer, our guests have arrived from Wales and the weather is gloomy, rainy, cold and windy...we took them to a nocturnal market this week in Montbron. It was a car rally/brocante and although lots of cars turned out, the market traders were a bit thin due to the promise of rain.

Still, I managed to get a few little vintage bargains, but I'm not supposed to be working this week, so I'll show them later.




We once had an MGB - but in about a hundred pieces on the garage floor!


This one will do for me...


Nice, but a bit small for all my shopping...


Everyone is wearing warmer clothes - it was cold.


Can you see this fabulous old pram? I was very tempted, but so difficult to pack and post!


I looked at this ciel du lit (drape mounting/frame for over-the-bed) but it was absolutely riddled with woodworm, so I declined to buy it. Bit of a shame really as I have been looking for one for ages, but even with treatment, it was too far gone.

Well, off now for more tourist stuff - I'm working later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger