Saturday, 23 July 2011
Anyone who has read my profile would know that I am a fan of Amy Winehouse. Today's news of her death is not surprising but shocking nonetheless. What a sad waste of a talent and yet another name to add to the 27 Club.
I particularly like singers with raw, smoky voices and Amy Winehouse had a voice that fulfilled everything for me musically. I loved her songs - my family don't share this with me - and Amy and I spent many a happy hour together while I did mundane chores and she sang for me.
Would she ever have made another album that lived up to 'Back to Black'? I don't know and now never will.
I hope she now finds peace.
- ► 2014 (20)
- ► 2013 (22)
- ► 2012 (49)
- Montmorillon - Cité de l'Écrit
- 'Song to the Siren' - just takes my breath away......
- Amy Winehouse
- I am rather fond of boxes...
- First tomato - Coeur de Boeuf - in a pot
- A few items for sale
- Our figs
- French Postal Service - bunch of bloomin' idiots!!...
- Andy Murray - some confusion over his nationality?...
- Perfect gift for expectant or nursing mum
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2010 (52)